Tuesday, December 3, 2013

EdTech with Teacher Candidates

I got about 30 minutes to share some thoughts on integrating tech into a middle and high school history classroom tonight with an awesome group of teacher candidates from Stanford's Teacher Education Program (STEP). As a STEP grad, it was cool to be able to go back and share some things that I do to try to thoughtfully integrate tech into a history classroom.

I stressed using tech for students to create (not consume) and preached the Twitter message (get on Twitter now, darnit). I walked them through the SAMR model as a guide for tech integration and gave examples of SAMR and Google docs.

It was a good conversation, but too short! I also got to hear Bobby Cupp talk about how he integrates tech in his classroom. Give Bobby a follow - he's a super thoughtful guy!

Here's the document I shared with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment